Sunday, 13 September 2009

Sunday Setlist - September 13th 2009

HT: Sunday Setlists @ Fred McKinnon.com

Well, the Edinburgh uni students have officially arrived in Edinburgh! Not sure if the rest of the unis have started back yet (there are 4 universities in Edinburgh - University of Edinburgh, Heriot-Watt University, Napier University and Queen Margaret University).

This was my first evening service back at the Braid Centre since before the summer holidays.

We're losing a number of really gifted musicians and vocalists who have a huge heart for using music to worship Jesus to other places...seriously going to miss you guys who have left/are leaving!

Tonight Bobby really ably lead us with Hannah on keys, Kris on the drums, David on bass and me doing the BVs.

We're doing a series called 4-part gospel at the moment - Karl was on top form talking about the 3rd part 'Rescue'.

Here's our setlist:

Blessed Be Your Name - Matt & Beth Redman
How Great Thou Art - Stuart Hine
Everything (God in my living...) - Tim Hughes
Our God Reigns - Martin Smith

Hosanna - Brooke Fraser

Almighty One - Neil Costley
Amazing Grace (My chains are gone) - John Newton/Isaac Watts/Chris Tomlin
Once Again - Matt Redman
This Is Our God - Reuben Morgan

All was good, I'm loving our new monitors, not liking the weird concert-like lighting (couldn't see congregation and too much attention on the band and they were blinding us a little), songs were great and worked really well, Karl taught really well, great to see people responding in different ways.

They also brought back 'open mic' tonight - I love hearing the things that God is doing in other people's lives. Yay!

All in all...a great night, and making me want to learn more, get deeper and study God's Word more, to be mentored and to teach/train as well. Basically I'm desperate to receive all God has for us, and give all God gives me to give out to others!

Oh, and I was out with friends for 3 people's birthdays last night (got to bed just before 3 a.m.) so I'm very sleepy and my voice is a little rough from having shouting conversations over loud music and so on.........so I'm heading to catch some zzzzzz's very soon!

1 comment:

  1. With worship songs like you picked, I'm sure it was very powerful! All great songs! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete