Tuesday, 29 September 2009

Imagine 2010


Imagine Scotland began in 2005 with 5 friends who used to be part of Soul Survivor. A vision to establish something similar for young people in Scotland was born and God lead them from sunny Watford to windy, cold Aberdeenshire!

I've been privileged to be a part of it serving on the stewarding team and Detached/Prayer ministry team since Imagine started and I've been amazed and encouraged to see young people's lives changed.

More than that, the teaching and encouragement to young people at Imagine is to be commissioned to go...back into their schools, colleges, universities, workplaces, communities and be an integral part of the local church. To serve Jesus. To make a difference.

Every year I saw lives changed, but more importantly found them to have gone home and applied what they'd been challenged with and learned while at Imagine...and come back the next year with more testimonies of what happened in between.

What's even better? Imagine is a Scottish event. For sure we get speakers and people on team from further afield, and that's great and healthy. But it also is developing the gifts of those in the church in Scotland rather than just bringing in the names of Christians we all know. People teaching who live in Scotland, people leading worship who live in Scotland, people doing the tech stuff who live in Scotland, people who are running sports or art workshops who live in...you've got it...Scotland!

It breaks that 'celebrity Christian' trend that we can so easily get hooked into. I hope that doesn't change as Imagine grows.

Anyway, dates for next year's Imagine event have been announced.

3rd-7th August 2010

Because of being part of Soul in the City Durban this year, I wasn't able to be on team and work/church commitments in Edinburgh meant I didn't even get up for even one day.

If you are a youth worker, I'd encourage you take your youth group, or if you're a student/working person aged 18-25 get a group of people together to go or be on one of the teams.


And watch what God does in your life and the lives of others....

You can follow Imagine Scotland on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment