Wednesday, 20 January 2010

Best marketing strategy...like....ever!

So once upon a time, I used to write songs.

What can I say? I was a university 'drop-out' at the time, so time was something I had plenty of. Plus I had a lot to write about...

But you know my music career, it never really took off.

Today, as I read through some blogs (while I wait for the Phone fixing man, boiler fixing man has already been to visit - who knew Sunday's 'locked out' mishap was really preparing me for the fact my place of residence would become an icebox by Monday evening?!) I discovered this really great marketing strategy.

Carlos Whittaker is teaching his 3 yo son his songs so he'll sing them all the time. Genius. No need for radio play, plus there is the cuteness factor.



I don't have my own kids, but think I'm way ahead of the game already. Last year I taught my not-even-1 yo-yet godson how to rock out by way of 'moshing' (headbanging) and my friends' 5 yo daughter likes to do impressions of what I look like leading worship while singing Hosanna by Brooke Fraser. She's an amazing little worshipper, and I expect once she's finished with Primary One she'll be joining the ranks of the MBC leadership team as our first female worship pastor.

Did I mention they are both like the coolest kids in the whole world? (you know, in my oh-so-humble opinion)

This bodes well for me if I decide to ever go back to writing songs again I think.

I'm pretty sure I can teach them both my songs.

Marketing strategy - sorted!

:-)

And to my songwriting friends Jo, Dan, Neil, Bobby and Hannah...I recruited them first!!!

1 comment: