(isn't it great that someone is partially doing this whole 'Sunday Setlist' thing for me through video blogs? But can I just say, there was no Coldplay at our event, and I do not condone use of any music by Coldplay. Hopefully this is the last time you will ever hear Coldplay on my blog)
Yeah, I know I'm late with my setlists from last weekend. But you wouldn't believe all God was doing last week. Seriously. My cold disappeared after 1 day (this has NEVER happened before) I put that miracle down to grace of God plus my Twitter prayer warrior squad! (Thank you tweeples for ALL your prayers), plus one of my best friends gave birth to a gorgeous baby boy on Friday night while we were worshipping Jesus at Powerpoint!
God is good, awesome and amazing.
So Powerpoint...we were at Destiny Church Gorgie - we had a rehearsal on Thursday night. Bobby and I fought the Edinburgh rush hour traffic to race to get there with plenty of time to set up terrified we'd be late and send Neil into a panic....only to rush in and discover most of the band weren't there yet. Ha ha!
The reason for the rehearsal was to run through all the technical bits and make sure everything was working. Our aim was we wanted to be as invisible as possible - little distraction, help people focus on God.
Friday came, and we were a little on edge. There were little things going on that made us feel sure that God was going to do something amazing, and someone was trying to stop that from happening. We discovered that Neil and I wouldn't have a monitor which meant we wouldn't have any words...we weren't completely prepared for that. That made us both a little nervous. Both of us try to learn songs off by heart, but it's good to see what everyone else can see so that we don't end up singing something different by mistake!
I was also worried for my friend. She'd text me on Friday morning to say she had gone into hospital and was in labour, but had not heard anything more since. So while I tried to focus on God and the teenagers arriving into the building...I was also wondering if my friend and her baby were ok.
What happened was awesome. Despite the rain people were queued around the block. There were only about 30 seats empty in the building, so about 500-600 people there in total. We looked down to see kids dancing down the front, folks in the balcony just lost in worship to God - arms outstretched in praise to Him.
Pete Greig, founder of the 24-7 Prayer movement spoke. His message was simple and to the point, and struck us to the core....be thankful, be joyful, be prayerful at all times.
There was prayer ministry, and I was shocked that more guys than girls seemed to be coming forward (usually it's the other way around). I love praying for people, it is an amazing privilege.
With all that, we had to cut most of our second half setlist, but we praised Him, full of joy. I got a little bit carried away during 'One Way' and uh...smushed up one of the bangles I was wearing as a result. Oops.
Afterwards we had our after hours café for the S5/6 teens, and experienced the amazing cupcakes made by Anne (a.k.a. 'The Cake Lady') she also made an incredible Powerpoint logo cake as a prize for our texting challenge. As a cake lover, I feel I can safely say I'm looking forward to sampling more of Anne's cakes at future Powerpoint events!
God is good, awesome and amazing.
So Powerpoint...we were at Destiny Church Gorgie - we had a rehearsal on Thursday night. Bobby and I fought the Edinburgh rush hour traffic to race to get there with plenty of time to set up terrified we'd be late and send Neil into a panic....only to rush in and discover most of the band weren't there yet. Ha ha!
The reason for the rehearsal was to run through all the technical bits and make sure everything was working. Our aim was we wanted to be as invisible as possible - little distraction, help people focus on God.
Friday came, and we were a little on edge. There were little things going on that made us feel sure that God was going to do something amazing, and someone was trying to stop that from happening. We discovered that Neil and I wouldn't have a monitor which meant we wouldn't have any words...we weren't completely prepared for that. That made us both a little nervous. Both of us try to learn songs off by heart, but it's good to see what everyone else can see so that we don't end up singing something different by mistake!
I was also worried for my friend. She'd text me on Friday morning to say she had gone into hospital and was in labour, but had not heard anything more since. So while I tried to focus on God and the teenagers arriving into the building...I was also wondering if my friend and her baby were ok.
What happened was awesome. Despite the rain people were queued around the block. There were only about 30 seats empty in the building, so about 500-600 people there in total. We looked down to see kids dancing down the front, folks in the balcony just lost in worship to God - arms outstretched in praise to Him.
Pete Greig, founder of the 24-7 Prayer movement spoke. His message was simple and to the point, and struck us to the core....be thankful, be joyful, be prayerful at all times.
There was prayer ministry, and I was shocked that more guys than girls seemed to be coming forward (usually it's the other way around). I love praying for people, it is an amazing privilege.
With all that, we had to cut most of our second half setlist, but we praised Him, full of joy. I got a little bit carried away during 'One Way' and uh...smushed up one of the bangles I was wearing as a result. Oops.
I don't know what it was, but there was just something in the air, something special going on Friday night. By the end we were tired, excited, hoarse and a little sweaty...but it felt right because we'd given all we could, our very best, to God. And who deserves that better than Him?
Our setlist:
Amazing Grace (My chains are gone) - John Newton, Isaac Watts arr. Chris Tomlin
Because of Your Love - Al Gordon
Dancing Generation - Matt Redman
Give Us Your Courage - Tim Hughes
Hallelujah (Be high and lifted up) - Ben Cantelon
Great is the Lord - Steve McEwan
Give Us Your Courage (reprise) ... Pete Greig got us all shouting a battle cry of 'Come ON!!!'
Jesus Saves (Hope is here) - Tim Hughes
One Way - Joel Houston/Jonathon Douglass
How Great Thou Art - Stuart Hine
(and if I've got that wrong, because it did change from the original, folks who were there can correct me!!)
Afterwards we had our after hours café for the S5/6 teens, and experienced the amazing cupcakes made by Anne (a.k.a. 'The Cake Lady') she also made an incredible Powerpoint logo cake as a prize for our texting challenge. As a cake lover, I feel I can safely say I'm looking forward to sampling more of Anne's cakes at future Powerpoint events!
Next Powerpoint event will be on Friday 19th March at St Pauls & St George's Church, York Place, Edinburgh! See you there??
WOOHOO!!! That is all.
ReplyDelete