Wednesday, 22 April 2009

A word of advice

Don't get a tooth extracted from your bottom jaw the same week you need to sing.

This was the massive faux pas I made yesterday. I've had problems with my jaw freezing/locking while singing for a few months which turned out to be because of a gum infection under one of my bottom molars. I didn't discover the infection until I woke up to discover one side of my face had swollen up a month or so ago. Yesterday I got the miscreant tooth removed.

It didn't stop bleeding until this morning, I now have a huge blood clot where the tooth once was and my mouth is swollen. Opening my mouth wide hurts.

Tomorrow, I have a music practice for a city-wide youth event called Powerpoint. Um, I kind of need to be able to sing by then. And definitely need to by Friday.

I'm also scheduled to be on the worship team at church on Sunday evening.

Moral of the story? Don't get dental work done the same week you're going to be singing. I thought a couple of days would be enough, but I'm beginning to think I was very, very wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment