So I was back singing praises to God on Sunday evening. I had been feeling a bit weird all day, but I put it down to most likely something I'd drank or eaten when I'd been out with friends the night before.
Nothing to worry about, yeah?
Wrong.
It turns out it was the start of a migraine.
The good thing is, and I think it's something God blessed me with in times where I've been able to do nothing else but sing or listen to worship songs, even when I'm a fair bit of pain I can block it out when I'm singing to God
And I'm so glad for that.
Unfortunately you've got to stop singing eventually because you'll lose your voice. And you'd probably annoy the person speaking if you sang throughout their sermon :)
so then you feel the full extent of what you've been blocking out - yeuuuucccch.
And because of the migraine that was gradually creeping in, I really can't remember much of the service at all. Except that we sang 'Salvation Belongs To Our God' at the end. That our bass player was wearing some very funky red shoes (a little demonic looking in places). And that a challenge for us is balancing quiet worship so people on the prayer ministry team/being prayed for can communicate with each other and God; with the majority of the congregation who seemed to want to sing all out for God in a rather energetic manner but can't because we've got to be respectful of the people being prayed for.
Does anyone else struggle with that balance, and how do you manage it?
No comments:
Post a Comment