I was met with a chorus of 'Oh wheerrrree is my hairbrush?...oh wherrrre is my hairbrush? Oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh wherrrrrrrrrrre...ismyhairbush?!'
Did my friends hide my hairbrush just so they could make up a song and sing it together in my time of hairbrush need? Then they explained...it's a song from Veggietales.
Wedgietales? I said (thinking, just what is that?!)
Noo, VEGGIEtales. They said (laughing at me, oh sorry, I mean laughing WITH me). It's like bible stories and songs told by singing vegetables. It's a cartoon.
And so I was taken later that week to be introduced to the wonderousness of Veggietales and educated about Bob the Tomato, Larry the Cucumber, Madame Blueberry and the crew.
A year later though, another friend who had grown up in a Christian family told me that she hadn't watch Veggietales until later in life, because before Veggietales, there was a blue songbook called Psalty. And she starts singing weird things that apparently Psalty the Singing Songbook sang.
What happened to Psalty then?
Well...a couple of years ago, while reading someone's blog my question was finally answered:
This is fantastic! I listened to Psalty music and watched his videos when I was really young, but I never stopped to wonder what had happened to him. He impacted so many people.
ReplyDelete