Wednesday, 24 March 2010

Friday Setlist: Powerpoint Edinburgh March 19th 2010


Now, I only noticed today that this week, Mr Neebs (as he is known online it would seem) has posted our setlist we did at the last Powerpoint event and called it 'Friday Setlist'.

I'd cry "plagiarism!!!" But hey we're a team, and am I not posting YouTube videos created by those in our team who are amazing people whose technical gifts and skills I am in awe of? Plus the Setlists have been part of when I've taken part in Fred McKinnon's Sunday Setlists.

In other words, it's good for us believers to share everything. :-)

I loved, loved, loved being at Ps and Gs Church. I hadn't been there for a good few years, but for me it was like a homecoming...because it is in my 'hood' as they say. Literally down the road and round the corner from where I grew up. In fact they used to advertise various holiday clubs at my primary school.

We had the slightly crazy (in a good way) but very cool urban rapping hip hop star Kevin McGlade from 29th Chapter as our guest speaker, rapper & breakdancer.

Kevin's talk? Very relevant, and pitched at the right level.

Miss Fleck's trumpet skills & Mr McGlade's break-dancing skills? Amazing.

Prayer ministry time? We seriously needed more people and time to pray, because so many people came forward there was actually a queue.

Singing praises to God? We most certainly did.

I sang myself hoarse again, and I lost my voice a little the next day, which meant I had a little explaining to do as I greeted clients at my work the next morning, then running a seminar at a training day for Doctors & medical students in the afternoon.

Seeing one of my old babysitting charges from my student days who is now 16? Made me feel very short, oh and old. He greeted me with 'So....are you pregnant yet? Or married?' and then enquiring how old I was now he said 'really? you know I forget you're so old. I think it's just because your face looks young'. I'll take the latter comment as a compliment (?!)

And as I am beginning to seriously digress... here's the setlist you've all been waiting for...

Give Us Your Courage (A) – Tim Hughes
Mighty to Save (A) – Reuben Morgan
The Stand (A) (chorus only) – Joel Houston
Hosanna (E) – Brooke Fraser
This is our God (E) – Reuben Morgan
I love the King (Tag) – Tim Hughes

Lift Up His Name (F) – Robert Moles

Holding Nothing Back (B) – Tim Hughes
Everlasting God (B) – Brenton Brown
How He Loves (B) (tag) – John Mark McMillan
When I Survey (G) – Isaac Watts


And yes, Robert Moles is the one who plays the electric in our band. Another musically talented friend, and as I found out last year, a gifted songwriter too. Just don't tell him I accidentally ate a chocolate & banana muffin before the event on Friday (I thought it was a blueberry one). He tells me off when he catches me eating dairy before I'm singing! (I'd tell me off too.)

So...that's all until next month, when we'll be back at Destiny Church at the end of April!

No comments:

Post a Comment